Thursday, March 12, 2009

TALE Trip-Day Two

Silver Eagle and Baby Bear



After crawling out of our tents on Saturday morning, Blue Butterfly made pancakes for our breakfast. The three of us talked about boxes and personal travelers. Corazon and her crew had snuck into the camp area in the middle of the night and were camping across from us. Silver Eagle stopped in to say hello and to ask us to be a part of his MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE game. We were thrilled to oblige him! Next to stop by was JB Kokopelli. She sat with us and we all talked boxing for a while.



Finally, it was time for us to prepare to go to the pavilion. We loaded up Mother's Love's car and rode down to the event site. We set up our food and the stamping frenzy began! I started out by getting the WONDERFUL event stamp carved by Baby Bear, then stamped some cooties I'd been carrying around since December (thanks Safari Man!). I immediately unloaded the cooties, then exchanged with the Boxhounds and got their PTs.



After that, it was a frenzy of stamping, talking, stamping, and talking. I had the pleasure of meeting several new folks and even some people from outside of TX. Granny Butterfly had traveled from Ohio. A few I'd met before, but were also from out of state: Goofy Girl and her family, Lionsmane, Astro D, and even Wanda and Pete. There may have been others, and I apologize if I left their names off.





Exchanges and PTs


Finally, it was time for lunch. Most of us took a break to eat and chat some more. I found out during this time that Puddle Splasher and I enjoy the same types of hiding places!


Can Can and her LSS




After lunch, we had the group picture. Then I asked Blue Butterfly if she wanted to go find some boxes, and she agreed we needed to stretch our legs. We grabbed a few clues and hit the trails.


We started out by finding Dee Pirate's BARN OF TEXAS. What an amazing carve!! We then headed farther down the trail to find MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE and TOP-DOWN: TEXAS. We then left this area and went over to the San Antonio Road. We found TEXAS TRAIL RIDERS and POP IT UP. I ended up scraping up my leg pretty badly on this find, but I couldn't let it slow me down...there were more boxes to find!! We found RACHEL'S GIFT hidden near a very interesting tree combination and we just oohed and aahed over the story as well as the stamp. Our last find in this area was CADDO LEGEND: WOLF by Bailey's Bunch.


After this, we ran into ViewFinder and Puddle Splasher on the trail. We chatted with them for a few minutes, then headed back to the pavilion to take a break. We grabbed a snack and talked some more with a few others, then went back to our campsite.


Around 7:30, we made it over to the group campsite and the fireless campfire. We talked letterboxing with Silver Eagle, Baby Bear, ViewFinder, Puddle Splasher, Mother's Love, Gryzzled Gryphon, Sandibox, and many others. I think a fun time was had by all!








1 comment:

Mark said...

I had a great time at TALE6 - it was a wonderful event and nice to see everyone again. It was definitely worth the trip.
lionsmane