Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break Trip-Day 4

The highest point in Arkansas

Wednesday morning brought another beautiful day in the mountains of Arkansas. We got up, took down our tents, then cleaned up camp. We made our way to Mt. Magazine SP, where we intended to hike the trail to the high point of Arkansas. I followed Adairmd to the park, and we found the trail. We made our way to the top. Ironically, this was an easier trek than the one out to the water fall we'd taken the previous day. We looked for a letterbox there, but could not find it.

While we were there, a family that we'd met at Petit Jean came up the mountain. We all took pictures and signed the log. The mom of the family told us that they had to evacuate Mather Lodge the night before for a couple of hours because the fire alarm went off. They were stuck outside from about 2:15 a.m. until after 4 a.m. I was certainly glad we hadn't been staying there!

We soon made our way back down the trail. I grabbed my LB and headed back up the trail and Adairmd headed out. I went back up the trail and planted Circle Pattern. After writing out the clues, I headed back down the mountain, but first stopped at an overlook to take in the view. Finally, I decided it was time for me to get back to Navarro County, TX. I had quite a drive ahead of me. I made it back to my house around 8:00 that night. I had a great trip. Thanks to Adairmd for letting me tag along!

View from an overlook at Mt. Magazine State Park

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic, Jennifer, of Mt. Magazine. Wonder where they came up for the name of that? ha.
OD

Mark said...

Sounds like you had a great trip - glad it was so much fun.
I like the new picture in the title.
lionsmane