Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break Trip-Day One

It's that time of year again...Spring Break! I will be meeting Adairmd tomorrow in one of the state parks in Arkansas. We will be camping, letterboxing and geocaching in some of the state parks there and taking in the beautiful scenery. I drove up to central Arkansas tonight and am staying in a hotel. Tomorrow night, I'll be in a tent.

Soo....I wanted to go ahead and post my story for the day. I was wanting to also post my pictures, but I left my silly camera cord at home. The pictures will have to be posted at a later date.

I left my house around 9:30 this morning. The first stop I made was in Greenville. I made my way to a cemetery and stamped into BREAST CANCER AWARENESS, which is a tribute stamp.

I hopped back on I 30 and headed to Sulphur Springs. I went to the Hopkins County Courthouse to stamp into one of JBK's boxes. Unfortunately, there were a couple of gentlemen near where the box is supposed to be that were playing guitar and singing. I decided to try again later. Next, I made my way to the DAIRY CAPITAL OF TEXAS. I admired the rather large cows out front, then found the box. I opened up the box and found nothing but a note. The note stated that someone had plundered the box.

After coming up empty on that one, I headed towards Texarkana. I grabbed lunch at Quiznos, then headed to Texarkana College. I wanted to try and find the AGGIE BRIDGE TROLL box. I found the two colleges and the walking trail. I took the trail and made my way to the bridge. I had a hard time reaching into the hiding space, so I'm not sure if the box was there or not.


I left the college and headed to the mural of Scott Joplin so I could find a box that Bell Motel had planted there. The mural there is a great tribute to a great Texas musician and composer. The stamp that Bell Motel carved for this plant is fantastic. The likeness of Joplin is amazing. There was hardly any traffic and I saw absolutely no pedestrians on this Sunday afternoon.

After stamping in at Scott Joplin, I headed to the state line. I wanted to find the boxes that denisrows planted there. I started out by finding the marker for the state line and followed the clues to her three boxes. I was only able to stamp into two of them because I felt like I was being closely watched on one of them. This was a fun series and I had a good time walking around this part of Texas and Arkansas.

After leaving the great state of Texas, I drove on into central Arkansas. As I mentioned earlier, I will stay here for the night and drive to the state park tomorrow.

Happy Trails!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Sounds like your trip is starting out great. Hope it continues! Have Fun!
lionsmane