Sunday, November 09, 2008

Tuesday Letterboxing





I took Tuesday off to attend a funeral and decided to do some letterboxing on my way home. I stopped by Rose Hill Cemetery in Tyler and stamped into CASABLANCA'S SAM. This is a nice stamp by JBKokopelli. After that, I headed to the Tyler Rose Garden to get Silver Eagle's TYLER ROSE 2. I made my way around to the Idea Garden and found that there were some volunteers diggin up flowers and planting new ones. Oh Man! One of the ladies was super-nice and said they were replacing the fall colors with winter ones and that I should come back on Thursday to enjoy the new colors. Since Blue Butterfly had planted the box, I called her and let her know. I felt like they wouldn't be doing any work on the bush where the LB was, but I wanted her to know, just in case.
So, down the road I went and stopped in Brownsboro. I tried desperately to find NORWEGIAN SETTLEMENT, but couldn't make the clues work. I went farther into Brownsboro and located JENNINGS MOUNTAIN. It was an easy find and a nice piece of history.
After finding these, I headed West and finally made it home. It was nice being able to take my time and letterbox on my way home.


Scarecrow in the Idea Garden

Rows and Rows of Rose(s)

No comments: