Sunday, November 16, 2008

A One-Legged Doll and other Bedtime Stories




Earlier in the week, I talked Blue Butterfly into going to Longview to find some boxes there. She'd already found some of them, but I really wanted to stamp into some, too. So, I arrived at her house around noon, we ate lunch, then hit the road! We got about a mile down the road, and I discovered that I didn't print out the BUILD A DOLL Series. So, we turned around, went back...printed out the clues, then FINALLY headed out.


Our first stop was in Turnertown where we picked up JBK's HONKY TONK BLUES. Then, we headed out to Longview. My first find in Longview was TREE CLIMBER by Frogkisses. This was a cute stamp that is definitely worth finding. Blue Butterfly also checked on her box that is along that same trail and found it to be safe and sound.

Next, we hit the road and found BB's OLD TYME MILL and Frogkisses' SPRING SERIES. The spring series was great fun and it didn't take me long to figure out why Blue Butterfly enjoyed it so much. After stamping into these boxes, it was time for us to find the BUILD A DOLL Series.

We made our way over to the park and hit the trail. There were quite a few people walking on this paved trail, so we took our time in order to protect the integrity of the boxes. I easily found the skirt, shirt, and right leg. When we got to the left leg, I could not find the box. Since BB had been here before, she confirmed that I was in the right place, but the box was nowhere to be found. How sad! We went on down the trail and found the rest of the doll. I was able to put her together very nicely....except for that one leg.
There was one more LB for us to find on this trail --the RACE CAR box. By now, it was starting to get dark, and we knew we needed to hurry. We got to the designated place, but couldn't find it. We weren't able to do our usual "thorough" job, so we may have just missed it. Since the sun was setting, we needed to make the hike back to the car.

Lucy Locket in her Letterboxing Couture.

No comments: