Sunday, November 02, 2008

Athens Letterboxing

Lake Athens



I met Blue Butterfly in Athens on Saturday afternoon to have lunch and to deliver her LTC's that Batty Girl had so graciously made for her. We started out by having lunch, then decided to hit the trail.




Our first box to try to find was HORNET'S HIVE. As we were driving out there, BB said that she probably already had this LB, and as we got closer, I realized that I'd attempted this box already. Having BB with me on this trip, though, would confirm whether or not I'd actually looked in the right place the last time I'd been there. We pulled up to the designated area, and BB led me to exactly where I'd looked before and the letterbox is definitely missing.




After this, we headed out to find ROME TO ROME. This LB with a store-bought stamp is located on the grounds of a church and cemetery. We easily found this one, then went on our way.




Next, we decided to find FISHIN' AT GRANDPA'S. We headed out to Lake Athens and found this fun box with a nice view on the lake. We took our time stamping in, then headed our seperate ways.


Blue Butterfly stamping in.


No comments: