Monday, November 17, 2008

Leisurely Sunday Afternoon Letterboxing







After Sunday morning church, and lunch, and some visiting, it was time for me to head back to Navarro County. I decided to go through Tyler and try to snag a couple of boxes. I thought this would be the perfect time to find SHORTY THE SQUIRREL, which is located in Downtown Tyler on the square. As I made may way to the square, I saw that there were very few cars and the plaza was empty. I made my way to the Shorty monument, paid my respects, then headed for the letterbox. Thanks to Nac Trail Cat for bringing me here! I've been to this part of Tyler LOTS of times, but didn't know about Shorty.



After packing up my things, I headed once again to the Tyler Rose Garden. This time, I was able to snag Silver Eagle's TYLER ROSE 2. It was a nice afternoon and I was able to get some pictures of the new winter flowers that the group had planted recently.



After that, it was time for me to head home. So I did. :-)

No comments: