Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Texas Treasures Event


On Friday evening, Blue Butterfly and I headed south to Lake Bastrop. BB had made reservations several weeks prior to the event for our cabin, so we were ready to get there and get things in order. After finally making it to the park, we were thrilled to check into our cabin. The cabins at the South Shore park are quite nice, clean, and comfortable. We unpacked the van and settled in for a good night's sleep.


The next morning, we got up and out on the trail so we could plant our boxes. I'd brought along Oedipus Tex and Blue Butterfly brought A Texas Roadside Treasure. On our way to the trail, we said hello to Barefoot Lucy, TX Pokey, TX Ta-tas, and Frogkisses. After finding our trail, BB went one way and I went the other so we could each plant our boxes. I found a decent hiding spot for mine, then I went back to our meeting spot to see if she was finished with hers. When I got there, BB was still on the trail, so I sat down to re-copy the clues to make them legible for the other LBer's who might want to find it. While I was waiting, BFL and Lightning came along, so I offered up my clue to them. Since I was still waiting on BB, I decided to look through my clues and figure out what other boxes were already planted on this trail. As I was finishing up a plan of attack for us, BB came back and told me she'd found a box. Apparently she'd found a great hiding place for a box and tried to hide her LB there, but Baby Bear beat her to the punch! So, she stamped in, then went farther down the trail to hide her box.


She and I decided to find Black Gold-Texas Treasure, since it wasn't too far from where we were, then we split up to find each other's boxes....of course I found Baby Bear's box along the way, too. After stamping in and meeting up again, it was time for us to head to the pavilion for the actual event.


We arrived at the pavilion to see that there were already several people there. We stamped into the event stamp and poster. Baby Bear did another fabulous job on the event stamp. I don't know how he comes up with these ideas for his stamps.....but I'm definitely jealous!


I met several new people and earned some personal travelers. I had a lot of fun visiting with everyone. After lunch, BB and I decided to hit the trail to find some actual letterboxes. We'd just stamped into the Shoot Low, Sheriff box when we heard some people coming down the trail. We weren't sure if they were LBers or civilians....but when Mother of Five started calling our names, we were glad to have their company! We had a great time finding letterboxes on this trail with Mother of Five and her two girls, Dewberry, SandiBox, PuddleSplasher, SoccerChick, and Element. Our little group stamped, hiked, searched, and laughed our way down the trail.


We finally made our way back to the pavilion where Silver Eagle gave us the answers to the match game. The team of Dewberry/Mo5/PuddleSplasher earned first place while the most prolific first finder in Texas took second place. And for those of you who are wondering, I earned the special prize that Gryzzled Gryphon brought along with him.


After leaving the event, BB and I needed to make a run into Bastrop. When we returned, we parked the van at the cabin, then made our way over to Silver Eagle and Baby Bear's campsite. There were several people sitting around the campfire and sharing stories. Fearless Fox was kind enough to share his peach cobbler that he made on the campfire, and boy was it yummy!


Stamps I earned on March 1, 2008:


Black Gold-Texas Treasure
Aqua Teen Hunger Force HH
A Texas Roadside Treasure
What You're Missin' While you were Fishin'
TALE Event Stamp
Heisman High-Personal Traveler
Texas Gal-Exchange
Crazy TX Dragon-Exchange
Texas Lady Bug-Exchange
Bailey's Bunch-Exchange
Mica-Moo-Exchange
Cowboy Couture: Chaps
Cowboy Couture: Hat
Cowboy Couture: Boots
The Mountain Climber-Personal Traveler
The Cruisers-Exchange
Moods-Personal Traveler
Banana's Fool-PT
LionsMane-New Sig Stamp
Jbanana-Exchange
Lucky Cat-Exchange
Mother's Love PT
Zinni-Exchange
Bloomin' Gramma Jo-Exchange
The Gecko-Exchange
Zturtle-Exchange
MimZ-Exchange
Oh, the Places You'll Go Event Stamp
Pug Momma-Exchange
Chrispy-Exchange
CanCan-Exchange
PuddleSplasher-New Sig Stamp
Star Bright-Exchange
Dewberry-New Sig Stamp
Goodbye Ruby T
What Dewberry Likes About TX
Shoot Low, Sheriff
Mother of Five-New Sig Stamp
Along the Bluebonnet Trail
Mailbox
Happy Heron
Just In Case
Bell Motel-Exchange
AstroD-Exchange
Hummer

No comments: