Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Break Trip-Day One


On Monday morning, I got up around 4:15 a.m., finished packing the car, and hit the road. I had to stop at Wal-mart to get ice and a few other things, but I was soon on my way. I had camping reservations for Guadalupe River State Park. I'd never been there before, so I was excited to visit a new park. On the way down, I passed right by Blanco State Park. So, I stopped and nabbed Baby Bear's ARGH MATIE, which is located there. It was about 9:45 or so when I was there and the box had already seen visitors that very day! JB Kokopelli and Wag Time had stamped into this box before I'd gotten there that morning. I just wondered how far behind them I'd been.

By about 11 or so, I pulled into Guadalupe River State Park. I checked in and the ranger warned me of the 30 pound raccoons who are perfectly willing to open up your coolers and eat your food. Suddenly, I had a vision of me sitting at my picnic table and being attacked by a six-foot raccoon ala Silver Eagle and his bear story. I quickly forgot about my imaginary friend and found my campsite.


After I got everything set up, I decided to go exploring and find the boxes in the park. I first went down to the river. There were a few families there and they were having a great time swimming. I went about my business to try and find SPECIAL PALS. For some reason, I couldn't make the clues work and decided to try another box.


I made my way around the park to a campsite area that has a trail. I followed the clues for BIRDING LB: NORTHERN CARDINAL. I easily found this one and enjoyed the view of the river, but especially of the green trees across the river on the hill.

After finding this box, I went back to the campsite and carved for a little while. I'd transferred an image onto Mastercarve before I left and wanted to get it in a box before I finished my little trip. I carved for a while, then decided to give the box down by the river another go. I headed down there, but no luck again.



I came back to camp and builta fire, ate some dinner, then finished carving MY NEW HAT. By now, it was bedtime and I had a lot of 'boxing to do the next day.

No comments: