Saturday, March 08, 2008

Find, Stamp, Rehide, Repeat

This morning, I decided that since it wasn't going to be too terribly cold and wet, I wanted to get out and do some letterboxing. I left the house at the crack of 10:00 and headed for Athens. I'd already found a few in Athens, but needed to clean up the rest of them. I started out by looking for one in a park, but I couldn't find it anywhere. There was a nice view with a pond, though. I went to downtown and picked up THE SHERRIFF. While I was stamping in here, a man in a truck stopped by and asked me, "Are ya'll done yet?" I just looked at him. "Are you with the crew?" I told him no. "Do you know how long they were here?" I have absolutely no idea what the man is talking about. I told him I hadn't seen anyone, I'd only been sitting there a few minutes. I'm not sure what he thought I was doing there. Anyhow...it was time for me to go find THE CARDETTE. I'd tried to stamp into this box last fall, but there were too many people around at the time. So, I made my way over to the TVCC campus, and there wasn't a soul in sight. Unfortunately, I found the box laying upside down beside the bridge and the lid was missing. The stamp and the logbook were both there, so I stamped in and replaced the box under the bridge. I hope it will be safe there.

Next, I grabbed lunch, then headed off to find SCUBA DUDE. I had no idea there was a scuba diving training area in Athens, but now I know exactly where it is! My next stop of the day was at Oaklawn Cemetery to pick up JUST CALL HIM JESS. I easily found the box and stamped in. However, while I was repacking the backpack, I saw a car driving around. I decided to get my camera out, stash the box in my backpack and wander around a bit. The lady put some flowers on a grave and only stayed about five minutes or so. After she was back in her car and safely out of sight, I went back over and re-hid the camo box.


I went after one more box today, the BAXTER SCHOOL HOUSE LB, but I wasn't able to find this one, either. I made quite a few finds today and had a good time letterboxing not too far from home.

No comments: