Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Saturday in Houston




After getting off from work around midnight on Friday night, I set my alarm for a somewhat reasonable hour and crashed. I was so excited about heading down to Houston for the Game On! event. On Saturday morning, I got up and drove south on I45 out of Navarro County toward the promised land!




Late in the afternoon, I drove down I10 to find my first LB of the day. I got out of the car here and finally realized I was in the wrong part of this particular park. I hopped back in the car and drove to the correct spot. For some reason, I could not find my bug spray, but decided to give it a shot anyway. I was 90% sure that I'd packed it, but just couldn't find it. I headed to the area where the box should be and the mosquitoes were TERRIBLE. I looked in the area for as long as I could stand it, then had to leave. I'm not reporting that box as missing because I know for certain I was being distracted and may have certainly overlooked it.

So, after escaping the mosquito farm, I made my way to Wal-mart. I picked up a couple of items for the pot lock and TWO bottles of bug spray. After finishing up at Wal-Mart, I made my way to the Edith Moore Nature Sanctuary. As I opened the door to the other side of my vehicle, I found my original bottle of bug spray--lodged half way under one of the seats!


I made my way through the trails to find boxes by Mother of 5 and IRA Boxer. Both letterboxes were worth the drive! Mo5's is extra special because she carved it for some very special treasures in her life. I took my time stamping in, then made my way back to the trail head. It was time for me to find the hotel where I'd made reservations and take it easy!

3 comments:

adairmd said...

Why were you getting off work at midnight?

Blue Butterfly said...

I wish I could have been with you! Nice Picture!
Blue butterfly

Anonymous said...

Really like the picture of the stream. Good job....
psguru