Friday, November 27, 2009

Boxing Along The Way

I left early Sunday morning to head towards Clinton, LA to take part in Mama Cache's annual TALKK event, which would be on Monday. I headed south to Houston, then hit I10 to go east.
While passing through Baytown, I stopped and snagged a couple of boxes by Bailey's Bunch, then hit the road again.

By the time I got to Rayne, it was around 6:00 or so and already dark, but I decided to attempt JBK's Alligator's Cooking LB. It was in a nice little park and I was able to snag it. I hopped back in the car and drove to Walgreens, where I stamped in, then drove back to the park to rehide. This is a cute little stamp and I wish I had been able to try and find the mural it is based on.

I finally headed toward Baton Rouge, then made my way north to Clinton. I pulled into Boudreaux's Boarding House and was greeted by the lovely Katherine. She helped me get settled into my room, then left me to get a good night's sleep. I was certainly looking forward to letterboxing with Mama Cache the next day!