Sunday, June 08, 2008

6-7-8



After several months of anticipation, it was finally time for the TA-DA North of the Lake Event. I was extra-excited about this one because it was sort of a "school's out for summer" party, as far as I was concerned :-) Anyhow, Blue Butterfly flew in on Friday night and stayed with me, and we headed to Denton on Saturday morning.




When we arrived, we saw a sign asking WHICH WAY IS NORTH? and knew we must be in the right place. We added our food to the bounty already set up on the picnic tables, greeted our friends, and headed straight over to the event poster. After signing in here, Gryzzled Gryphon shared his clue for his newly planted letterbox. I looked it over and hoped I would be able to decipher it with little to no problems!




I was able to stamp into the two event stamps, exchange, earn PT's and the like while chatting it up with various letterboxers. Blue Butterfly headed out on the trail with Perky P and EagleMeister, while I stayed around the picnic tables. I chatted a little more with some of the letterboxers and was able to stamp into another event stamp, MY KING? I DIDN'T VOTE FOR YOU!, which was cleverly carved. I'd heard Allyall saying that she'd hidden a box that day, so I copied her clue, then hit the trail.




The first box I found was WINCHESTER'S ROUND TABLE. I was surprised to see I was the FF on this box! As I was finishing up with the stamping process, GG came upon the scene. I told him I was almost finished, and he hiked down the trail a little farther so I could finish up and re-hide. Next, I headed over to find QUEEN OF GRAPES. I easily found this box, and just as I was about to begin stamping in, BB called me and asked where I was. She told me that she and Perky P were on their way to stamp into the same box. She asked if I'd seen EagleMeister, and I told her No, that I was the only one on this trail and that I didn't see anyone else. A few minutes later, as I'm pulling my LB gear from my backpack, EagleMeister happens up on me. We visited for a while as I stamped in and he waited for PerkyP and Blue Butterfly.




PerkyP and BB came along on the trail and we all stamped in, then headed off together to find a few more boxes. I really wanted to find CAMEL LOT. The three of them had attempted to find it already, so we found another box first, then EM and I put our heads together to try and figure out where this box could be. After stamping in to CAMELOT: THE ENCHANTER MERLIN, we headed out to find CAMEL LOT. We easily found this box and had a good laugh as we stamped in.



By this time, BB and I were ready to go get a cold bottle of water, so we headed back to the event area. Of course, there was some more "tales from the trails" to share. BB decided she wanted to head over to Corinth Community Park to hide her three new boxes. I really wanted to try again to find Artsy Fartsy #2, but didn't have the clue. Luckily, GG gave me excellent directions to the box and I found it easily when I got there.



After leaving Corinth, we went straight back home. It'd been a long day, and we were tired, but our fingers were inky and we were happy letterboxers!




The stamps I earned that day:
Strawberry6703-New Sig Stamp
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not-Viewfinder's PT
Here Comes the Sun (small)-Viewfinder's PT
Allyall-exchange
Smiley and the Boys-Exchange
Artsy Fartsy #2
TA-DA North of the Lake Event Stamp
Batty Girl-Got her mini stamp
Trillion Grams-Exchange
Soggy Cereal-Exchange
Arthur Recieves Excalibur-Event Stamp
Breath of Life-Exchange
Here Comes the Sun PT(large)-Viewfinder's PT
Trainboy-Exchange
Hiking the "Y"-Allyall's PT
Sir Lancelot and the Not-So-Fierce Dragon
Winchester's Round Table
Queen of Grapes
Lovely Lady
Camelot: The Enchanger Merlin
Camel Lot
My King? I didn't vote for you! -Event Stamp (4)
Fab Four #1 John

No comments: