Saturday, July 28, 2007

Rhyme Time


Since I had a free day, I decided to head out to Athens and pick up a few of Adams Trail's boxes. I stopped off in Malakoff first to try and find the box that is hidden at the Community Center, but I couldn't find the designated tree, so I had to give up on that one. I headed on into Athens and found Cain Park where TEXAS LONGHORNS and CANDI CAIN are hidden. It wasn't too hot out there and I only saw two people walking the trail while I was there.


Next, I headed over to the Arboretum. Blue Butterfly and I had been here before, but we were in a hurry that day, since we arrived with only about thirty minutes left before closing. This time, I was able to take my time and enjoy the scenery. I parked my car, took a look at the map, then wandered around the flower gardens for a bit. There were lots of butterflies floating about in the flower gardens, and I enjoyed watching them duck in and out of the flowers. After this, I walked down to the children's area. There are several play houses for children to enjoy. I finally got onto the trail and found all the boxes I was seeking: THIS LITTLE PIGGY, LITTLE MISS MUFFET, HUSH-A-BYE BABY, THE BIG BAD WOLF, PUSSY CAT PUSSY CAT, and THERE WAS AN OLD WOMAN. The weather was just right and the rain stayed away while I enjoyed my afternoon at the arboretum.

No comments: