Monday, July 09, 2007

Give Me Louisiana!


On Thursday morning, I got up bright and early and left from Blue Butterfly's house to start my Louisiana Road Trip. I picked up a few things at the grocery store, then I headed East towards Shreveport. I planned to take a break when I got there, stretch my legs, and find a couple of boxes. However, as I was leaving, it started raining. By the time I got to Shreveport, the rain was coming down VERY hard, so I had to forego the Shreveport boxes for now. After a few hours, I finally made my way to the library in Zachary, LA. I found the children's section and asked the clerk for the LAGNIAPPE LB and showed him my LB pass. It took him a second to realize what I was referring to, then he gladly handed it over.

After leaving the library, I headed north to the Mary Ann Brown Nature Preserve to find a couple of boxes there. Mama Cache is the owner of an LB that I put together, so I was off to find "my" box, which was a first for me. I couldn't wait to see where she'd hidden BEE HAPPY. MC's clues were very well written and easy to follow. I was thrilled to be able to stamp into BEE HAPPY.

After returning Bee Happy to his hiding spot, I went back to the trail head to start on my find for THE LADY. This is a box that was planted by DrooP, who is a letterboxer from Southeast Texas. This box has been in place for about three years and has a rich history.
After re-hiding THE LADY and congratulating myself for having such a productive letterboxing outing, I decided that this was the place for the two boxes I'd brought along. I found places to hide In Search of: A Home and In Search of: A Brain. I hope these two boxes will have many visitors!
My next stop was in the town of Jackson. I stopped there to grab something to eat, re-write my clues, and change clothes before meeting Mama Cache & Company. When I arrived at our meeting place, I was greeted by all my old friends from Louisiana. Mike V was quick to tell me about some WOM boxes in the area and shared the clues with me. One of the clues was a brain teaser, but luckily, Ducky D was smart enough to help me figure that clue out and I was rewarded with a fun adventure and a great stamp! Thanks Ducky D!! I also met a few new letterboxers: Veritas, Mi, and Sun-Yi.
After the party and the letterboxing, we all went downtown to watch the fireworks. We had lots of fun watching the sky light up and listening to the live music.
Stamps I earned on Friday:
Lagniappe LB
Bee Happy
Fireworks Event
The Lady
Happy Birthday Event box including: birthday cake, shiny candle, the balloon, ice cream & a surprise
Felicia Naveat Cheesebox
Flip Flop
Veritas-exchange
Mi-exchange
Sun-Yi-exchange
Louisiana Highway Hitch Hiker

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great having you arrive early enough to share in all of the festivities.

Didn't you want to let these folks know about the tremendous turnout for our pre-event fireworks display? I never dreamed there were so many letterboxers in this sleepy little town!!!

Mama Cache

Anonymous said...

That was quite a crowd, wasn't it?
LL