Sunday, November 26, 2006

Road Trip!

I decided on Tuesday or Wednesday this week that I'd try to attend the T.A.L.K.K. Event on the LSU campus in Baton Rouge, LA. After the events from Thursday, I slept late on Friday, then left BB's house and headed South. I'd gotten a report that my LAND OF THE LITTLE ANGEL LB had a full logbook, so I wanted to replace it. I stopped in Lufkin and did a little box maintenance. Then, I kept going south to hit Beaumont. There are three boxes in the Botanical Gardens there. I attempted the MYRTLE TYRTLE box, but there were people taking portraits near the box, so that didn't pan out for me. I also attempted Silver Eagle's box, but couldn't find it. There are quite a few trees down on the trail there, so I'm not sure that the clues are still accurate...or maybe I was just lost! I tried to figure out where the SECRET GARDEN box might be. I went this way and that, and was just about to give up and be on my way headed East when I saw something that sparked my interest....it was the location of the secret garden! I was pleased to stamp into this special box.

After logging my find, I headed toward Rayne, LA. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to nab this box, since it was already dark by the time I got about an hour into LA. When I pulled into the park, though, the place was well lit by the Christmas lights and finding the box was no problem.

My final stop for the night was in Lafayette, where I found a place to rest for the night so I'd have plenty of energy for the next day's events!

No comments: