Saturday, November 04, 2006

2 New Boxes in Kilgore



Today, I was in Rusk County with Blue Butterfly. I wanted to find her MERRY GO ROUND box, since this is a newer box that I hadn't yet had the opportunity to stamp into. We made our way to the park and I was able to stamp into this fun box.

A few weeks ago, BB had prepared a couple of boxes to be placed in Synergy Park, located outside of Kilgore. As we pulled into the parking lot, I decided to stay warm in the van while BB hid her boxes. I kicked back in the passenger seat and pulled my jacket over my eyes. I took a little nap, then finally forced myself to get out of the vehicle...after all...there were boxes to find! As I started down the trail, I met BB, and she gave me the clue to the first box she'd planted....KILGORE OIL. I went down the trail and found the box while she went off to hide her second box.

After I finished up with the box, I walked around the lake to the pavilion. I saw BB there, and she was putting some finishing touches on her clues. I saw the fire going in the fireplace and wanted to take a moment to get warm while I waited for her. After she finished up, I headed down the trail and stamped into the ELDER HOUSE FIREPLACE box. The clues to both of these boxes should soon be available on LbNA and Atlasquest.


Synergy Park is a great new park, that I believe will be kept up nicely by the city of Kilgore. As of now, though, the bathrooms are still under construction, but there is a port-a-potty. They do have fishing available from the banks or the pier.

No comments: