Sunday, November 26, 2006

LaFayette

After spending the night in LaFayette, I got up and headed to Acadian Village to hunt down three boxes there. This is a historical village in which you take a self-guided tour. You can learn a great deal about this part of Louisiana by going through this village. They even have a nice little chapel and the very friendly lady who sold me my ticket said they'd had a wedding there the evening before. Unfortunately for me, there were certain parts of the village that were blocked off due to the Christmas decorations on the grounds. I think I was being closely watched as I tried going under ropes, so I had to abort the LB'ing mission.

In the picture, you can see woven blanket that was on display in one of the houses. They also had a school, a blacksmith shop, a music display, and lots of other things in the village.


Next, I went to try and find THE MIGHTY OAK. I marveled at this tree. I took a couple of pictures, but film will not do it justice. I wasn't able to find the box, but I think that I was still a little paranoid from my Acadien Village experience AND I was sort of in a hurry to make it to the T.A.L.K.K. event in time. The next time I drive through, I'll definitely be looking for it again!

No comments: