Monday, November 27, 2006

Logbooks, Tigers, and Stamps...Oh My!

After driving through the Atchafalaya Swamp, I finally made my way to the Greek Theater on the LSU campus. After having worn myself out with driving and looking for LB's, I decided to take a break. I ate lunch, then found a nice area to read while I waited for the appointed hour.

A little before 3:00, I returned to the theater anxiously awaiting the arrival of Mama Cache and the rest of the crew. MC arrived alone, greeted me and let me stamp into the event box. Soon after, many more family members began to arrive. While most of the family members were desperately trying to bust open a pinata to claim the coveted candy prize, I exchanged with a few of their 'boxers and earned a few personal travelers. I'm so thankful for Big M, who sang with me to earn Rubber Chickie and Rubber Chickie Returns. Humiliation is much better if you don't have to go through it alone! Thanks Big M!

MC staged a trick to get a closer look at the pinata festivities and planted a couple of cooties right on me! These cooties were on clothes pins, thus making it easier to just "stick" to the victim.

After meeting and exchanging with a few more folks, it was time to go attempt three boxes that are located on the LSU campus. We were losing daylight, so we had to hurry. I hitched a ride with Big M and we easily found TAKING ORDERS-ONE FROM COLUMN C. This box has been in place for over two years and had a great log book.

The next order of business was to find TAKING ORDERS-ONE FROM COLUMN A. We all hopped back into the vehicles and made our way to Atkinson Hall. By this time, it was dark and most of these boxers were smart enough to bring flashlights (unlike me). Unfortunately, this box eluded us. We think it may have gone the way of the landscapers.

There was one more box to find, and Mr. Cache took us to visit Mike V, the LSU mascot. We marveled at Mike for a little while, then it was time to get down to business. Again, this box eluded us, but we managed a few more exchanges and PT's while outside Mike V's domain.

When it was time for us to go our seperate ways, I was rewarded with the monkey leg from the pinata. I've been rolling a few ideas around in my head concerning a PT in honor of this leg.....if it works out, I may have it ready to go at the next event.

At about 7:00, I got back on the interstate and headed West. I decided to go just as far as Blue Butterfly's house, where I pulled in at about 1:30 a.m. It was a great day and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all of my new Louisiana friends! I want to say THANKS to the whole crew for the fun I had with them!!!

Stamps I earned at the TALKK Event:

T.A.L.K.K. Event Stamp

Mama Cache-Exchange
The Carver Carved PT
Rubber Chickie PT
Rubber Chickie Returns PT
Triple Sister PT

Ampersand Son-Exchange
Big M-exchange
Duckie D-exchange
Mike V (the person, not the Tiger)-exchange
Chippy-Exchange
Mr. Monster Jr. - Exchange
Head Hunter-Exchange
Cottontail-Exchange
Dizzy Monkey-Exchange
Babadge-exchange

Moody Cootie
Tootie Cootie

Taking Orders-One from Column C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strolling down memory lane today. ;-)
We had such a good time spending that day with you. Thank you again, and again, for coming such a long way just to see us. I remember being so amazed with your ~150 finds. Now you just blow me away!

~MC