Friday, December 17, 2010

My Secret Santa is Better Than Yours....

For the first time ever, I participated in the Secret Santa exchange at my school. I decided that it might be fun to try and sneak around to leave a present for a colleague...you know...in and out without being noticed....? We filled out a questionnaire concerning our hobbies and favorite things.

Favorite Color: Purple
Animals: one cat
Scents you enjoy: Vanilla, Cinnamon
Hobbies: hiking & camping (You can't expect me to put letterboxing...these people already think I'm nuts.)
The last question was : Magazines you enjoy reading

Well, I'm not really a periodical kind of person. I get most of what I need from watching the news and reading articles on the internet. So, on a whim, my answer was--- April 1998 Smithsonian. If you can find this, you will be my hero.

For the first four days, I got very nice gifts. I even managed to deliver my gifts without being caught by the receiver. Thursday afternoon was the big reveal.

We all met together for the reveal. Unfortunately, my Santa wasn't there due to a death in her family. Luckily, she made arrangements for my gift to be delivered to me at the party. I opened the gift....and there it was.....a magazine....hmmm? It was upside down. I had no clue what this was. I turned it over and saw the word SMITHSONIAN across the top. WHAT?? I looked for the date...April 1998 ....WHAT? Yep. My wonderful Secret Santa had found the magazine that I've been wanting for....how many years?? Not only that, but she knows about my letterboxing activities and she guessed that the article I was after was the THEY LIVE AND BREATHE article.....she had a sticky tab on the page. I was able to turn right to it. Talk about a happy camper!!! I was just sitting there at my table in the reveal party....about to burst.

Thank you, secret Santa!!!! Now, I need to take you out and let you go on an adventure with me!

I will cherish this magazine for a VERY LONG time.

Maybe it's time I get a safe deposit box......





This is me with my April 1998 issue of Smithsonian Magazine :-D

5 comments:

Blue Butterfly said...

You are one lucky letterboxer and I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

He he he....

from page 86:
(He) told me earlier that a letterboxer's unfailing motto is "Just One More Box".


I got a kick out of that...how many times have we said that...and what's on my AQ profile quote...??

LL

Ari C'rona said...

That is just too cool! How in the world did she find it? :o)

Mama Cache said...

Could not have been more perfect for you! And, now another hero is born. ;-)

Liz Henderson (Hendel D'bu) said...

That is so cool...I can't even tell you how cool that is!!

Now THAT'S a great Secret Santa gift!! :-)