Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Monday Morning

Monday morning was the official first day of my winter break! I woke up from Blue Butterfly's house and headed out to letterbox. I have a new logbook and it's high time I added some images to it!

I'd recently seen that the Texas Pioneers are in the process of placing their HOLIDAY TRAIL OF LIGHTS Series and there is one in Kilgore. This was my first stop. After following the instructions, I easily found this delightful box...and I was the first finder!

After leaving the cemetery, I headed over to the World's Richest Acre. I came up empty handed on this one, but I enjoyed learning about the history of this park and the oil boom that happened in Kilgore.

The World's Richest Acre. These derricks are decorated with lights at Christmas time.


I headed back to Henderson, and went to The Depot Museum. There are three letterboxes on this property, but I only had time to find two of them. I stamped into THE DEPOT MUSEUM and SYRUP FESTIVAL. By the time I stamped into those two boxes, it was time for me to head out to pick up Roarin' Lion, Stinky Monkey, and Baby Sister. I couldn't keep them waiting!!




A look inside the outhouse. The corn cobs add a nice touch to the display.

1 comment:

Mark said...

What a great way to start your winter break.