Thursday, December 23, 2010

Monday Afternoon

I was able to pick up Roarin' Lion, Stinky Monkey, and Baby Sister to take them with me for a few days. On the way to Navarro County, we stopped in Athens at the East TX Arboretum. There is a Children's Story Series here, and I thought it would be the perfect place to spend an afternoon.

Roarin' Lion, Baby Sister, and Stinky Monkey at the first box of the day!

We found the appropriate trail entry, and made our way to THIS LITTLE PIGGY. This was the perfect stamp for Baby Sister's first find! Her favorite color is pink, and the pink piggy delighted her! The boys enjoyed stamping in, then standing on the bridge and seeing what was in the water. After stamping in, we continued along the trail to find LITTLE MISS MUFFET, HUSH-A-BYE BABY, and BIG BAD WOLF.

After the fourth box, I decided it was time for us to pack it up and head back to the car. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that we were on an inner loop at that time instead of the main loop. We went all the way around an extra loop before getting back to the main trail, then the trail head. Luckily, we were no worse for the wear and have an interesting story to tell!



I spotted this little fairy princess in the woods....

2 comments:

Blue Butterfly said...

I love this picture of Baby Sister! What a fun day!

Mark said...

Sounds like a busy and fun day.