Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Playin' Hooky




I looked on my work calendar a few weeks ago and saw what we would be doing on October 27. I decided then and there that this would be a day they could survive without me. So, the night before I got on AQ and LbNA and took a look at where I wanted to go. I decided to hit up the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens and S.Z. Boaz Park.

I left my house around 9:00 so that I would be sure to miss the DFW rush hour. I arrived at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens around 10:30 or so. The first box I went after was one of Viewfinder's Music Boxes. I found the Blues Brothers and visited with them for a while, then moved on.


Next on my list was Puddle Splasher's Artist Series. I made my way to the appointed garden and checked in with Vincent. I spread my towel out on the wet bench (the DFW area as well as Navarro County got hit with some pretty bad storms on Sunday and Monday), and began stamping into this fantastic box. As I was stamping in, I saw a gardener inside the children's garden going about her business. So after stamping in, I whipped out my book and sat a spell. The gardener finished up her chores rather quickly, so I was able to re-hide and move on.


I then made my way to check in with Claude. I was stopped at the top of the stairs to take a picture of a lovely couple--he was from Australia, then went on my way. I easily found this box, then moved on to visit with Georgia. I even saw the turtles sunbathing as Puddle Splasher suggested I would.

Thanks to Puddle Splasher and Viewfinder for bringing me to the gardens. This was my first visit here and it was a lovely day!






After eating at Uncle Julio's for lunch, I moved on to Strawberry6703's Twilight Series. I'd been wanting to find these boxes for quite some time and was glad to have the opportunity to do so. I found the three boxes with their exquisite carvings and was thrilled. By this time, it was around 3:30, so I had to leave the rest of the boxes in the park for another day so that I could again miss the rush hour traffic.

On my way back to Navarro County, I stopped at Mansfield to find a box by Fantastic Four called The Gristmill in Mansfield. After stamping in here, it was time to head back to Navarro County and reality. :-(









2 comments:

Mama Cache said...

*cough* I think I need a sick day too. *sneeze* ;-)

Mark said...

Sounds like a fun day and playing hooky is always nice. I love Puddle Splasher's Artist Series - those were some of the first boxes I ever found.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful day.
lionsmane