Sunday, October 04, 2009

Sunday Morning Jaunt


On Sunday morning, the day after the Middle Earth Event, Blue Butterfly left my house to go home long before I woke up. After I awakened and thought about the coming week, I decided to hit the road to find one more letterbox before starting the work week.


One of my favorite carvers and historians, Boots Tex, had recently planted a new letterbox in Walker County at a beautiful rest area. This rest area is complete with the usual restrooms and water fountains, but also features a history lesson about Sam Houston and the area, and a lovely nature trail that goes around the pond, perfect for stretching your legs on a road trip.


I printed out the clues and drove a couple of hours down to the rest area and made my way to the designated hiding place. A lovely, detailed carve found in FANTASTIC IN PLASTIC was my reward.


Thanks Boots and LSQ!

1 comment:

Blue Butterfly said...

I wish I had been along for that adventure!