Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Impromptu Gathering

Letterboxing Friends Event Stamp. The shoe on your left should say 2009 and the shoe on your right should say June, but it didn't turn out too well.




On Monday evening, AndPlus2 and I decided to meet for an exchange in Terrell. SalliMander, who is AndPlus2's mom would be joining us, also. Knowing that two or more letterboxers meeting means an event, I was able to pull together an Event Stamp.
I made it to Terrell and to Starbucks and saw who I thought might be the letterboxing ladies getting out of their vehicle. When I saw them in the coffee shop, I recognized AndPlus2 and gave her a big smile and wave. The three of us greeted one another, exchanged, stamped into the Event Stamp, and chatted for a while. It was a lot of fun getting to know this pair.
After leaving Terrell, I think they headed to Canton to find a few boxes, but I needed to go back West. I headed to Forney to look for THREE FLAGS OVER LADY LIBERTY. There is a replica of the Statue of Liberty here off Hwy 80. I found the statue and the flags, and finally found the LB.







It was definitely too hot out there today to do much else, so I headed back to Navarro County!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn should have made jerry stop on our way back from Shreveport last Friday to box but he was in a hurry!!!

Goofy girl

Blue Butterfly said...

The stamp is cute!