Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Back into Boxing!


This weekend, Blue Butterfly and I decided to go for a letterboxing jaunt. We met in Fairfield SP. Even though I'd already found the three boxes there, I wanted to check on the one I'd planted, Click and Clack. BB hadn't had a chance to find any of them, so it would be a great opportunity for her to knock 'em all out.

When we started looking for them, however, we found all of them to be missing. It was quite sad, but I was glad that I'd found them all so that I could confirm that they were missing.

After we'd mourned the losses of the boxes, BB and I were on the trail again. We headed to find the BLIND LEMON JEFFERSON box in Wortham. When we got there, a man was parked in the middle of the driveway and he was doing some sort of work at the gate. We passed the gate, turned around, and waited just far enough away for him to disappear so that he couldn't see us. When it looked like he was packing up, we went for it. We made our way to the grave site, honored Jefferson, and found the box. This was a great stamp and the weather was perfect! We were both glad that our Texas summer is over!

Next, we headed to a state historical site to snatch Baby Bear's VAL VERDE CANNON. We only had about an hour before the campground closed, so we didn't get to enjoy the site too much, but OFCOURSE we loved the box.

After this, on the way home, we stopped in Jacksonville and stamped into Barefoot Lucy's GIRL SCOUT SERIES. Another job well done by the Barefooted one!

No comments: