Friday, June 02, 2006

Lake Tawakoni


Today, I took a ride up through McKinney, Plano, and Wills Point. I was on a mission to find a few boxes, of course....and hopefully find one. After taking care of some personal business in Farmersville, I headed to McKinney to find the Sister Grove Park. This is a nice park, which has a view of the lake. I started my journey by following the instructions and looking on the trail map so that I could find Sister Grove #1. I journeyed around the trail and into the woods and easily found this box. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten my signature stamp! So, I stamped the #1 stamp into my log book and made a note in the box's log that I'd been there, but with no stamp.

In order to get to Sister Grove #2, I just needed to stay on the same trail, so I continued my hike. By this time, there were a couple of other people on the trail. I found #2 and found a place to stamp in. This was a great stamp, too and not very many people have logged finds in these boxes. I would encourage boxers to visit this little park and enjoy it.

After finishing up here, I headed to the Community Center Natuer Trail in McKinney. This is another beautiful urban park. It has paved trails, a nice pond, and a fountain. There were families fishing and just enjoying the beautiful day when I was there.

As I looked for the box, I easily found the log, but I looked in the wrong hole "pointing towards the sun". I continued on down the trail a little ways, then came back to try again. This time, I found the box. KCSB (KC and the Sunshine Band) is a box by Sprite and Highlander, which is retired postal LB.

After dancing with KC, I went to the Arbor Hills Nature Preserve, to find another box by a non-Texan boxer. No Directions Needed! is located in a beautiful part of Plano, and when I was there, they were having free concerts one night a week.

After finding all of these treasures, I wanted to plant one myself. I made my way to Lake Tawakoni State Park. I'd carved Fairy At Work a few weeks ago, and had been itching to get her placed. This is a fairly new state park and everything in it is in top condition. I enjoyed finding a home for my fairy here.

It was a very satisfying, fun, productive day. I always enjoy my time letterboxing. I think I have a date with a certain monkey next week to do it again!

No comments: