Monday, June 05, 2006

Duck, Duck, Dog


After taking care of business on Saturday morning, BB, SM, and I went on a hunt for some letterboxes! We first headed to Port Gibson, MS to find Windsor Ruins, which was placed by our good friends Corazon and Navigator. We headed down the highway, then found the curvy road that led to the ruins. This was a great place for Corazon to lead us to find. The ruins alone from this estate shows that is was quite grand at one time. The columns that held up this home are massive and you feel so small in comparison to them. I could imagine myself coming to a social event here in my hoop skirt and dancing the night away.

Next, we headed back to Vicksburg. Blue Butterfly had made a special stamp which she dedicated to her father. She used to go hunting with him and she cherishes that time and the memories of that time together. Daddy's Beagle is located in a cemetery that is on the land where her father used to hunt.

Now, it was time for us to go to Vicksburg to find some more of Corazon's boxes. I so enjoy her boxes because she almost always has a great story to tell along with her hides. We found Tacito Bucci, Doc Smith's Cigar, and Mary's 80th Birthday. We found all of these in great shape.

Now, it was my turn to hide a box. I 'd recently carved Just Ducky and wanted to place it in the new park on the river front. The Catfish Row Art Park has a replica of a steam boat-with some original parts-and a fountain that children can play in. After I'd planted this box and BB and SM found it, we headed west....back home to Texas.

No comments: