Saturday, November 06, 2010

Waco


There are a few "art cows" at the Art Center of Waco.


I had to work this morning in Waco, but made plans for some possible covert activities afterwards. I finally got off around 1:00, ate lunch, then headed out for some letterboxing. I stopped first for JBK's HOTM: Dr. Pepper box. I came up empty handed on that one. Then I headed over to the Mayborn Museum. There are two HOTM boxes behind the museum in their pioneer village. When I got there, however, I saw that the village is closed down due to construction. So, off I went again. I made my way to the Waco Art Museum. There are sculpture displays outside and oil paintings inside. I visited the inside of the museum first, then headed outside to find the box. After deciphering the clues, I found the box and enjoyed the weather as I stamped in. I looked at my list and saw there was a box near the suspension bridge, so I headed that direction. After I got there, I realized that the group that planted this box probably didn't find a very good hiding place. I found the designated area, but no box, just as I suspected. I hung around the park for a bit and eyed the river and the river trail. I happened to have my bicycle in my car, so I got it out and took a ride on the river. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed my afternoon!!!!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Sounds like a wonderful to end a day of work. Glad you had fun.