Monday, November 01, 2010

Eat, Play, LB Weekend-Day One

On Friday, October 29, I took off from work to head down to Galveston for the Eat, Play, Letterbox Event. Of course, I wanted to find a few boxes on the way down, and Boots Tex gave me a suggestion of one of his boxes in New Waverly. Of course, I added that one to my list and headed south on Friday morning.

I made it to New Waverly and easily followed Boots' directions to the cemetery. I found a lovely display of butterflies at one particular grave. I visited Minnie Fisher's grave, then headed to find the box. I was proud to be the first finder of this box!


After rehiding Minnie, I moved south toward Houston. There were a few boxes in a cemetery that I wanted to find. After making my way to Washington street, I realized that I had been here before with Blue Butterfly. I was able to stamp into ANGEL BAND and GTT-TX GOVERNOR SERIES. There was one more that I wanted to find, but it was getting late and I knew that Houston traffic on Friday afternoon would be challenging at best.

I made my way down I45 to Galveston and met Blue Butterfly and PS Guru at our comfy hotel. There would be no more letterboxing for the day....it would have to wait until Saturday!

No comments: