Monday, January 18, 2010

January Letterboxing Fun!






PSGuru, Bluebutterfly and I went for a visit to Vicksburg, MS to our family there. We picked up Roarin' Lion, Stinky Monkey, and Baby Sister on Saturday afternoon. On Sunday morning, we decided to find a few letterboxes.

Yep--I FINALLY found my first letterbox of 2010!!


We started out by finding a box planted by Corazon. This box is planted near an outlet mall, and we were early enough that it wasn't open yet. We left the gang in the van while Blue Butterfly and I searched for the box. We easily found it and took it back to the van to stamp in. When we got back, the boys were looking through their logbooks and Roarin' Lion made a comment about how cute the Teddy and Teddy stamp is that Baby Bear carved for the Tour Bus.

After replacing Ray Lum, Muleskinner, we headed out to find another box.


We made our way to the small community of Bovina. We made an early morning trek through a cemetery to find St. Alban's. We left Baby Sister and PSGuru in the van for this one. :-)



Our last box in Vicksburg was another Corazon box. Blue Butterfly and I had each tried seperately to find theis box before. Luckily, Blue Butterfly had a better idea this time as to where the box might be located. We drove up to the area and let Blue Butterfly do her magic. She came back to the van with the letterbox! We stamped into Tornado! and felt a sense of satisfaction of finally nagging that box!
This was our last letterbox together for the day. The rest of the crew went their way, and I wanted to go ahead and head west. We said our goodbyes and went on our merry way.
On my way home, I stopped in West Monroe to find LA State Bird by Pastry Princess. It was a fun little walk including a suspension bridge. After getting back to the highway, I knew there was a quick drive-by in Calhoun, so I stopped for Quick! Make A Wish! This was my last box of the day. It was definitely time for me to drive back to central Texas.
Thanks to my letterboxing buddies for a fun day!!!

No comments: