Monday, May 11, 2009

Movie Time!

On May 9, I had a moonlighting opportunity in the Fort Worth area. I finished up there pretty early, and decided to head up to Ardmore, OK to take advantage of all the fabulous plants from the recent gathering at Lake Murray.

I got to Ardmore around lunch time and checked into a hotel. The room wasn't ready yet, so I went out to the lake and got started. I pulled out the map and was able to find the area where Puddle Splasher and Viewfinder had hidden their boxes. I drove to the trail head and followed the clues to KICKAPOO INDIANS and TORNADO OVER OKLAHOMA.

After getting back in the car, I made may way to another trail head to find the 80's MOVIE SERIES. This was a fun series to find.... and YES, I climbed up the side of that rocky hill! Thanks to Penguin Patrol for collecting and hiding these great stamps.

After finding those boxes, I was pretty beat, so I went back to the hotel and called it a night.

I got up Sunday morning and decided to hit the trail early. It was supposed to rain on Sunday, but I wanted to take my chances. I decided to find two boxes on the same trail. I easily found the first box, JESTER OF MURRAY. Just as I found the right log, the light shower started, but it wasn't too bad. I decided to take my chances and find the next box.

The rain came off and on rather lightly on the trail, but the trail was VERY muddy. I made my way around to the box, and just as I was replacing it in the hiding spot, the bottom fell out of the clouds! It was raining hard. I had an interesting walk back to the trail head. My back was soaked as I had protected my backpack by carrying it on my front side and held the umbrella over it. After making it back to the car, it was time to head back to Navarro County, TX.

I had a great weekend at Lake Murray, and I'll definitely going back to enjoy the rest of the boxes!!!!

No comments: