Sunday, May 24, 2009

LBing in Lufkin and Livingston


Blue Butterfly stamping in

On May 23, Blue Butterfly invited me to take a trip to Livingston SP with her and PS Guru. I decided to go with them on their trip and went to their house on Friday night to spend the night. We got up not-so-early (thanks to me) on Saturday morning, and headed South. Blue Butterfly saw that we would be going through Lufkin, so she suggested we stop to get LUFKIN LOOKOUT2 by Silver Eagle. We'd been here before to get the original Lookout box, so it was fun to stop again and log another find.


After this, we were going to check on my LAND OF THE LITTLE ANGEL LB, but there was some sort of fire fighter training going on in the parking lot. We would have to check on the angel another time.


We continued heading south and finally made it to Livingston. By this time, it was lunch time, so we unpacked the cooler at a picnic table and dug in. The birds were singing, and I managed to get a picture of one blue bird.


After we ate, we set out on the trail while PS Guru went another direction to shoot photographs. I have found most of the boxes in this park already, so I tagged along while Blue Butterfly stamped in. I was able to help her since the trails and landmarks were different because of Ike, so that was good. We had on our rain ponchos and it showered on us a couple of times. The bad part of this was it brought out the mosquitoes! They wouldn't leave us alone, even though we sprayed ourselves down with bug repellent. At one point, the mosquitoes were totally covering my head....it was bad.

One new box that I was able to stamp into at Livingston SP was THE LONG KING LB by Boots Tex. This is another absolutely amazing carving with a great story behind it. It is definitely worth the trip to get this one!






Blue Bird at Lunch time

No comments: