Sunday, December 28, 2008

Letterboxing Holiday Trip--Day Two

Even after finding a few boxes on Saturday, we were still ready to find some more on Sunday! We left our hotel around 9 a.m. and hit the trail. We started out by finding three puzzle boxes. All three of the boxes had fabulous carvings and there is always an extra feeling of satisfaction when you've worked on a puzzle box and finally get to stamp in.

After working on these boxes, we ate lunch, then headed to Hockley. On the way there, we stopped and I bought a rain poncho, which is much harder to accidentally leave behind than an umbrella. We started out by checking on our boxes that we left in Kleb Woods last year. I had to pick up my Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree LB because it had been left open and wet too many times. If I'd had an extra logbook with me, I would have been able to replace it. However, I didn't want to leave a slimy logbook in my letterbox, so this one has been retired. Thanks to all those who visited this box.

On Saturday, most of the boxes we found were of a Halloween theme. Today, we were on Christmas. We found a TX SANTA, JOSEPH, THE THOMAS NAST SANTA, and A YEAR IN THE LIFE OF SANTA-JANUARY. I'm amazed at the carving skills and great ideas of some of these planters. They are all outstanding!

While we were in Kleb Woods, I left a little piece of holiday spirit, too. I hope those who find HOLIDAY BIRD
will enjoy it.

No comments: