Sunday, October 12, 2008

First Box


This weekend, I stayed in Mansfield with a friend of mine. We got up this morning and headed to Katherine Rose Memorial Park to find WESTITUDE. It has been quite some time since the box was last found, but we wanted to look for it anyway. We arrived and there were quite a few people and dogs walking the trails. We carefully followed the clues to the bench where the box was supposed to be, but we couldn't find it. I was disappointed, but we had some shopping to do, so we moved on with our day.
On our way back to Navarro County, we stopped at Bluebonnet Park, where my letterbox PINKY resides. I hadn't checked on this box, nor had I heard from any finders in quite some time. I was hoping that it was still alive and well. When we arrived, there was a big birthday party going on at the pavilion, so we passed by them and headed straight for the trail. Luckily, I remembered where I planted the box, and it was easy to find. Not only was everything in good shape, but KM was able to stamp into her first letterbox today. Congratulations KM on your first find!!

KM stamping in at the Pinky Letterbox.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I remember my first letterbox find (Santa Fe Trails Microbox by Silver Eagle in Santa Fe , NM) - what a feeling. I bet she is hooked now.
lionsmane