Monday, October 27, 2008

The Day Before the Bash




One of the guide signs in the preserve.



I got up at the crack of 11:00 and headed toward Plano by noon. I wanted to find a few boxes in Arbor Hills Nature Preserve before the gathering the next day. I was looking forward to finding several boxes by Puddle Splasher. I started out by finding 400 TONGUES. After looking at the clue for the next box, I realized I'd probably passed it up. So, I back-tracked and found THE HAPPY DANCE.





I found this little guy near a letterbox.

By this time, I really wanted to plant the box that I brought along, so I found a nice place for it. At least, I hope it's a nice, safe place. I left A SHEEPISH GRIN under a rock and found a place in the round sitting area to write the clues out.
After reading over a couple of more clues, I decided to go about finding two more boxes, but followed the clues backwards. I made my way to MAY DAY and WELCOME TO THE WORLD, BABY GIRLS. The latter box led me to a tower with a beautiful view.

View from the tower.

There was one more box in the park, but it would have to wait until the next day. I left Arbor Hills Nature Preserve with a few great stamps and the gleeful anticipation of what tomorrow would bring.

No comments: