Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Thunder Rolls....



I found out yesterday afternoon that I'd have today off, so I decided to make a little trip to Palestine to find some letterboxes! Even though there was a chance...ok...a big chance of rain today, I decided to take my chances and hit the trails. I started off by finding Barefoot Lucy's COLUMBIA OF THE PINEY WOODS. This box is hidden in a nice little "old fashioned" park in downtown. I enjoyed finding the box, and exploring the park a bit before moving on.


Next, I made my way toward the courthouse to find another one of Boots Tex's Governor Series box. I easily found THE RAILROAD MAN. Once again, there was no one in this cemetery, and I was able to take my time, enjoy my surroundings, and leisurely stamp in. I also enjoyed claiming another one of BT's hand-made first finder prizes.....THANKS BT!


Now, it was time for me to find Davey Dogwood Park where Silver Eagle and Baby Bear have recently hidden new boxes. I'd been here before to find a box by BFL, so I was fairly sure of where I was going. While driving through the park, I did happen on a deer who was eating on the side of the road. I stopped the car to try and get a picture of him, but he hopped up the hill. It was a great surprise to see such beautiful wildlife!
I followed the directions through the park and easily found both boxes. Silver Eagle shares his love of literature and nostalgia with GO DOG GO! and Baby Bear shares his sense of humor with ARE YOU THINKING WHAT I'M THINKING? There I was, alone in the woods, opening up tupperware, and laughing out loud. I'm glad no strangers met me on the trail while I was doing that!!
All the time I was at Dogwood Park, I could hear the thunder clapping. I wasn't too worried, though, because the sun was shining. I went down a new trail and planted BLUEBERRY SCOUT: DOT. I hope she enjoys her new home. I think she's been hanging out with me since mid-January! Luckily, it only sprinkled on me a little bit while I was at Dogwood Park. However, when I got in my car and started to pull out of my parking space---the clouds let loose all that precipitation they'd been holding inside! The rain came down hard. I'd timed it just perfectly!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lucy,

We found the Palestine boxes at Davey Dogwood Park when we went there to place The Railroad Man and I laughed out loud at Baby Bear's box, too. I think it's hilarious. Now we have a reason to go back to find your new box.

Thanks,
Boots Tex