Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Life is a Highway.....


Roarin' Lion and Stinky Monkey spent a couple of nights with me this week, and we had a lot of fun. Today, though, it was time for me to take them back home. They wanted to "find some clues", so before we headed back to their house, I took them to stamp into THE TEXAS GOVERNOR'S SERIES-THE PEOPLE'S PATH. They enjoyed this stamp, but SM was quick to notice that part of the governor's memorial had come off and was laying to the side.


After finishing up at Oakwood cemetery, we headed East. I took them to OSCAR'S LUNCH-which happens to be one of my boxes, but the boys hadn't yet stamped into it. They were eager to climb up the steps and, of course, beat me to the top. When we found the box, they were excited to see their old friend Oscar and couldn't get their green markers out fast enough. As we were leaving, a man stopped by to fill his thermos up with the cold, refreshing water that flows from the rocks.
After dropping the boys off and playing with Baby Sister for a while, I headed back to Jacksonville. I stopped by Country Charm Candles and did a bit of shopping and stamped into MAY SERIES-MOTHER GOOSE DAY. The clerk was very kind. I told him I'd go out on the porch to stamp in, but he insisted I stay at the counter and do it, since it was so hot outside.
After putting everything back in the box, I left to go find MAY SERIES-MEMORIAL DAY. The park was easier to find than I anticipated, and I easily found the box. There was a nice wreath placed at the Veterans Memorial, which I believe was probably placed on Memorial Day.
Next, it was off to Love's Lookout to find A MOTHER'S LOVE by Monarch B. This was another great stamp hidden at this beautiful location. Thanks to Monarch B for carving and placing this one!

No comments: