Friday, March 16, 2007

The Natural State


Blue Butterfly and I left the Sooner State this morning and headed East to Arkansas. We had a plan to visit Lake Catherine State Park to find Baby Bear's box here and for me to leave a box. When we finally pulled up to the appointed trail head and were getting out our clues and gear, I heard some one shout, "Hey....what are you doing here?" I was thinking to myself...surely this person isn't talking to us.....but this person WAS talking to us! It was Barefoot Lucy! We visited for a minute or two, and discovered that she hadn't found the one and only box in this park yet, either. She kindly joined us for our journey to find Chip.
After braving the suspension bridge (don't worry, it wasn't too long) and stamping in, I asked BFL if she wanted to wait while I planted my box, but she kindly declined. I left her and Blue Butterfly by the suspension bridge, and told BB to wait here at least ten minutes while I tried to find a place to plant my box. I planted Terk, then headed back down the trail to meet up with Blue Butterfly and give her the clues. When I got about halfway back, I met her and let her continue her journey. She easily found the box and stamped in.
After this, we decided we still wanted to go farther down the trail so that we could view the waterfall. We were very pleased with our decision once we got there. It was a nice, secluded, peaceful little place.
After enjoying the waterfall, we headed back to the trailhead and made our way to North Little Rock to prepare for tomorrow's event!

No comments: