Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Marching in March


Yesterday started out as a rainy day. We weren't sure we'd actually be able to go find any letterboxes. We packed up the van and headed to Tyler to take the little ones to Discovery Science Place. We'd all been here before, but this time they had a great new exhibit on sound that we really enjoyed. After playing indoors for almost two hours, we headed south towards Jacksonville. The rain had passed, and we were hoping it would hold off until after we'd discovered all of JB Kokopelli's March Holiday Series.

We made our way to Nichols Green Park and started marching down the trail. The first one wasn't too difficult to find. For the second one, I had to balance myself on the side of a hill (I'm sure that was a sight to see!) while retrieving AND replacing the box! I was certainly glad that no one had any visual proof of my unique acrobatic talents!
We successfully found all of the boxes in the March series. Poor Stinky Monkey also had a run-in with a hillside and a vine that his leg got caught under, but he's no worse for the wear. After collecting all of our March images, we stopped at another park and found a puzzle box.


After getting cleaned up, I headed over to spend some time with Stinky Monkey and Roarin' Lion's sister. She's so sweet, I just had a hard time putting her down.


Tomorrow is the day that Blue Butterfly and I will leave for our TAG trip!! Happy Trails!

No comments: