Sunday, April 09, 2006

Cherokee County



Yesterday after the birthday party, Blue Butterfly, PS Guru, and I loaded up the van and headed out to Rusk State Park. BB and I needed to get the rest of the boxes that we missed at the gathering while PS Guru wanted to take a few pictures.

We arrived in the late afternoon and immediately picked up Letterboxing Coyotes. This is a fun, innovative box. Even the physical box itself fits in with the theme of LB'ing Coyotes. After stamping in here, we went on down the trail to find Baja Oklahoma, which our friends HappyDays had left for us to find. We had a bit of trouble because their landmark sign was missing, but we managed to seek out it's hiding place. After returning this box to it's rightful place, we headed up to find our good friend, Box Car Willie. After seeing this stamp, we are DEFINITELY looking forward to finding more of the Music Box series.

We had one more box to find, but we'd forgotten to print out and bring along the clues. BB and I decided that we'd read through the clues for General Sherman enough times that we may actually be able to find it. We made our way down to the appointed RR track, estimated where it may be, and began the search. After only about two minutes of looking, BB pulled our prize from the track.

After stamping in here, we located PS Guru and headed to Maydelle to eat at the famous Big Bertha's. The three of us enjoyed the All-You-Can-Eat Catfish. While eating dinner, we decided to try and head for ID Fairchild State Forest while there was still a little bit of daylight left. There are two boxes in that forest and I also wanted to try and plant my Camp Out box.

After paying our bill to Bertha's niece, we headed toward the forest. We found the trail head and BB and I began our journey. We easily found the Red-Cockaded Woodpecker. After stamping in, I left BB to do the obligatory rehide while I went off in search of a hiding place for my box. I found a nice place for it next to a good landmark. By the time I'd gotten it hidden, BB had caught up with me, so I gave her the clues and she stamped in.

By the time we were finished with this, it was getting too close to dark to try for the Loblolly Pine box. We'll definitely have to make another trip out in order to stamp in there!

No comments: