Sunday, February 05, 2006

Adventures in NE Texas


Blue Butterfly, Roarin' Lion, and I enjoyed some time together yesterday by heading up to Greenville and Paris to stamp in with some of Catpawz' boxes. Our first stop was in Oak Creek Park. The wind was blowing pretty hard and we were having a hard time with our log book pages, but it was worth it for this nice stamp. After packing up from Oak Creek, we drove over to Forest Park cemetery. We found the area of the cemetery where the box is hidden, but there were some maintenance people close by. So, we decided that I'd hop out of the van and retrieve the box. I made an attempt at it, but had to go back to the van to re-read the clue. BB and I read it together and she pointed out to me that I was probably at the wrong bench, so I tried again. I went straight to the correct bench this time and nabbed the box. We went to a picnic table on the other side of the cemetery to stamp in. After we completed our mission and replaced the box, we headed to the Audie Murphy American Cotton Museum. This was an interesting place with memorials to American wars and an exhibit about cotton. As I searched for the box, I thought I might not find it, but it was just buried a bit deeper than I'd anticipated. This was another great stamp by Catpawz.

While we were at the Museum, we picked up a brochure about a local store/deli called Puddin' Hill. Our stomachs were growling, so we decided to try the local establishment. We made our way to the store and placed our orders, then went back to the eating area. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch there and would certainly visit this quaint little country store the next time we roll through Greenville.

After lunch, it was time to head to the Greenville Sports Park. As we pulled in, we saw a VERY nice playground that Roarin' Lion was just begging to play on. So, BB and RL played while I searched out the box. We were not disappointed with this stamp, either. After I retrieved it and stamped in, BB and RL returned once again to the castle to play and I returned the box to it's hiding place.

Next, it was time for us to leave Greenville and find Paris. BB and I already have a few of the Passport Series stamps, and we definitely wanted to add Paris to our collection. About an hour after we left Greenville, we pulled into the Paris Civic Center and were delighted that there weren't any tourists out by the tower. We easily found the stamp ..... which is now one of my favorites. RL enjoyed seeing this particular stamp. After stamping in, we took some pictures, then headed back to our neck of the woods. We had a great day together. Thanks to Catpawz for hiding these great boxes for us to find!

No comments: