Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January Weekend-Friday

Blue Butterfly and I didn't get to take our Christmas time letterboxing trip this year, so we took it last weekend instead. Yes, the time was delayed, but that meant more daylight for us! Blue Butterfly met me around 7:30 at my place, then we headed south toward Houston. We finally made it to the Houston Arboretum and got to work!

First, I wanted to check on my Mario box. This was one of the games boxes that I'd planted at Dewberry's GAMES event in November 2009. Unfortunately, we came up empty handed. BOO! We were off again to find one of Silver Eagle's Risk Game characters. I'd found this one previously, but Blue Butterfly needed to stamp in. She stamped in, we added a few dry note cards, then we were on our way!

We stopped by one more old favorite, then we headed over to the mountain bike trails. There was a sign posted that the mountain bike trails were closed, and after zero consideration, we forged ahead. After all, these boxes must be found!!! We found several boxes that afternoon and especially enjoyed the STRATEGO series.

After a long day of boxing and traveling, it was time for us to head to the hotel and crash out. And we really did. :-)






Blue Butterfly stamping in!

Stamps we attempted or found on Friday:

Mario-MISSING
Batter's Box
Risk Game-Horseman Card
Bugs In a Box
Stratego Series: Flag, Spy, Lieutenant, Logo (4 out of 5 boxes were still available....one missing)
Risk Game-Soldier Card ( Blue Butterfly only)

Oh, I should mention that for the first time, I accidentally left my signature stamp at a box. When I looked for it at the next box, I couldn't find it. Luckily, we were able to go back to the previous box and Blue Butterfly spotted my sig stamp in the area where we'd sat to stamp in! YAY!!

2 comments:

Ari C'rona said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! :o)

Blue Butterfly said...

I am ready to do it again! Inky fingers, nice images and great weather, it doesn't get much better than that!