Sunday, September 13, 2009

Soccerchik's Event




Soccerchik is a freshman at SFA this year, so SandiBox and JBKokopelli wanted to throw her a "Welcome to Nacogdoches" event this year. I was able to spend the night at Blue Butterfly's house on Friday night, and we were able to drive together to this event.

When we got to Nac, it was misting a little bit, but that made it easier for me to find a box in downtown. I was able to find ASL FINGERSPELLING SERIES: A. After re-hiding that box, we headed toward the park and the event.


When we arrived at the event, most everyone was there already. Luckily, JBK had us in a pavilion because it rained off and on most of the day. We stamped into the very lovely event stamp, then sat around and chatted for a while. I was able to exchange with Alton, a new letterboxer from the Houston area.

Sandibox planted a lovely tribute stamp for Soccerchik and she shared the clues with us. We hunted it down and brought it back to the pavilion to stamp in. After that, we tagged along with Sandibox to find THE CHIEF'S SONS, then we headed out.

Blue Butterfly wanted me to go check out LSQ's letterbox near San Augustine. BB had found this box a few months ago, and I wanted to stamp in, too. We made our way east to the cemetery and I easily tracked down this wonderful box. Thanks to BT and LSQ for a great addition to my logbook!


Now, it was time to head home. On our way northward, BB mentioned that I should stamp into PerkyP's box near Henderson. Blue Buttefly wasn't sure exactly which road she should turn down---so I remembered my handy-dandy IPhone. I whipped it out and looked up the clue. We made a slight detour to get GRANDMA'S COKE FLOAT.


It was a great day of letterboxing and letterboxing friends!

No comments: