Sunday, August 02, 2009

Too Hot to LB????

Blue Butterfly and I have been drooling over the letterboxes that Safari Man planted a few weeks ago in Flower Mound, TX. About mid-week, I asked BB if she wanted to accompany me to Flower Mound to find these great boxes, and she quickly agreed!

Unfortuntately, it has been raining quite a bit here for the past week and Saturday morning was no exception. I watched on the radar as the rain and thunderstorms swept through the Flower Mound/Grapevine area and hoped that by the time we got there, there would be no more storm systems until after our adventure was over.

BB got to my house around noon and we ate lunch, then hit the road. We finally made it up to the park and found our starting point. We started out finding the first series that Safari Man had left. Since the trail was wet, we only ran into one cyclist and only a few hikers. The bad news is, since it was wet, I was going down a hill off the trail and ended up taking a spill....clues flying everywhere. The blessing on that is, only one leg landed in the mud and I wasn't hurt. My right leg was covered from ankle to knee in mud!

After hiking and finding all the boxes in the first series, we went back to the car to take a little break before heading off to the second series. Blue Butterfly decided to walk down to the marina and check things out while I stayed at the car and cooled off. When she returned, we began part 2 of our adventure.

We followed the clues for the second series and on parts of the trail, we were in a field where the flora was "as high as an elephant's eye" on both sides of the trail. We found the boxes in this series and enjoyed our hike on the lake, then headed back home. It didn't rain on us the whole time!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Happy Glenn planted those. He didn't tell me about it. ha ha. No surprise there, though. Wish you could have come to the Con, would have been good to see you again. We had a great time, Glenn, Georgette, Mom and I all went.
Happy boxing, Jen
OD

Beach Bum TX said...

Hi Lucy Locket, Oh my I bet some spots on those two trails were slippery! I remember sliding on a few areas when it was dry a week ago! Those were the first letterboxes that Pink Cookie and I had hunted of Safari Man's and well worth it too, they were really great carvings!

Happy Trails!