Monday, November 19, 2007

A Good Day for Letterboxing

I have this week off due to Thanksgiving break, so it was time for me to catch up on things that have gone undone for quite some time. The first priority was to have a couple of repairs made on my car. So, I took my car to the shop, and after everything was fixed up, decided it was time to find some letterboxes.

My first stop was the CHILDREN'S PARK LB, which is placed in a lovely, peaceful park on a very busy street in Tyler. I enjoyed all of the sculptures and reading the dedications on the plaques. The LB was easy to find and I had no trouble stamping in, as I was the only one around to enjoy the scenery.

Next, I decided it was high time I'd found Silver Eagle's TYLER ROSE LB. This one is appropriately placed in the Tyler Rose Garden. When I was in high school and junior college, I was a part of the annual Rose Parade because my band always marched in it. As I walked among the garden today, I enjoyed the sights and the aromas of the lovely flowers. That being said, I easily found the box and had no trouble stamping in discretely.

My next box to find was not too far away. I drove a couple of streets north of the Rose Garden and found a nice little park where JKC had planted EAST TEXAS STATE FAIR. Thanks to JKC for bringing me to this park, which I probably would never had known even existed.

After that, I headed out to pick up Stinky Monkey and Roarin' Lion. They are on Thanksgiving break, too, and will be staying a few days at my house. Who knows...we may even be able to do some letterboxing together!!

1 comment:

Blue Butterfly said...

I wish I was along with you all today :)