Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday



Today was the traditional holiday shopping frenzy known as "Black Friday". However, my profits today were not in gifts, but in Letterboxes! Since I've been laying on the couch due to illness for the past week or so, I was finally able to get out and box! It was quite a profitable day. I drove out to Fairfield Lake State Park in Fairfield, TX and searched for three boxes. I found Oh Deer! and Horton which were planted by Barefoot Lucy and Silver Eagle, respectively. After searching the tree stump and the ground all around it, I was still unable to locate Baby Bear's Texas Tour. I was disappointed, but that's part of the game sometimes.

I ran into a few families on the trail and saw a group of men and boys fishing on the lake's shore. One man said, "Good morning....oh..is it still morning? I haven't been paying much attention to the clock today." I told him that losing track of time was a good thing to do today.

After hiking back around to the trail head with my secret treasures, I packed up my things and shuffled south to Buffalo. I visited Harriman Park to find Shuffle Off to Buffalo, which is a finely detailed stamp. I also picked up two stamps in the Branding Iron Series: Pate Ranch and Lipsey Ranch. It was a great day for hiking, boxing, and just losing track of time. My Black Friday wasn't a shopping marathon, but a letterboxing mini-marathon and I can't wait to do it again soon!

No comments: