Saturday, October 01, 2005

Ellen Trout Zoo


This morning, I got up bright and early and made arrangements to go find some boxes with Blue Butterfly and Roarin' Lion. We drove out to the SFA Arboretum, where BB and RL followed the clues to the Texas Blueberry Festival LB. Then, we hopped in the car and drove to Lufkin to visit the Ellen Trout Zoo. Some parts of the zoo were still closed due to damage incurred by Hurricane Rita, but we still had a great time. As soon as we got there, BB hopped out of the car and snagged the Ellen Trout Zoo LB. This was a big relief to me, as I was being spied upon when I tried to stamp into this box on a previous visit to the zoo. After stamping in, we rode the train around the zoo and over the lake. This was quite a fun ride, and I have to say, the train ride was more extensive than I anticipated. It goes around the zoo, across the lake, through the woods, and back again. After disembarking the train, we headed into the zoo itself. We marveled over the giant snakes, the swimming hippos, and the gorgeous giraffes. BB and RL were able to sneak in a stamping session with Hippi and they oohed and aahed over this delightful stamp. We had a fantastic time today while out letterboxing. I can't wait to do it again soon!